His choice was Raspberry cheesecake cupcakes! Unfortunately when I went to Wally World today, they did not have any raspberries! ... So his "choice" changed to strawberry cheesecake ;)
I took a recipe from "here"and adapted it to strawberry cheesecake and made them extra fun by making them Ittie-Bitties! (I also halved the recipe, because with only two of us--and only one of us being able to eat milk-- we don't need that many cupcakes!)
Ingredients for Cheesecake
1 1/2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
1/2 c. white sugar
1/6 c. Heavy whipping cream
1/2 Tbs and 1/2 tsp of flour
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
Strawberry jam/ filling
Fresh strawberries for garnish
Ingredients for Frosting
1 1/3 c. Heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 Tbs softened cream cheese
Ingredients for crust
1/2 c. Crushed graham crackers
1 tsp white sugar
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/6 c. Melted butter
1. Food processor the graham crackers
2. By hand- mix the sugars with the crushed crackers
3. Melt the butter
4. By hand- mix the butter with the crackers and sugar--mix well
5. Set aside
Preheat oven to 325F
1. In your mixer combine the cream cheese, flour, and sugar until well combined.
2. Add heavy whipping cram and mix until combined
3. Add eggs 1 at a time mixing in between
4. Mix in the vanilla and lemon juice
|Look how CUTE!! Check out that CRUST!|
Fill your mini cupcake pan with liners
1. Put some of the crust mixture at the bottom of each mini cupcake wrapper
2. Push down the crust in each wrapper with your fingers.
3. Put a little scoop of jam in the middle of each.
4. Take your cream cheese mixture and fill each cupcake 3/4 full (I didn't fill mine full enough so make sure they are really 3/4 full not 2/3 like mine ended up being)
5. Tap down the pan on the counter and fill some more.
6. Bake mini cupcakes at 325F for about 6 min then REDUCE heat to 275F and continue baking for about 15 min (? Cupcakes will be done when they look like they are firming a little on top-- you can touch it lightly with your finger and if it doesn't sink down then they are done).
Remove and cool
Put your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freeze.
1. Whip the whipping cream and cream cheese on high for about 2 min then pipe on your cupcakes!
Top with fresh strawberries and enjoy!