Check out my new blog

Check out my new blog: Worthington Ave.

10.07.2012

Pumpkin Cupcake


It's time to grab your owl and strap yourself to your broom...
WHOOOO is ready for Ominous October part TWOOOOO??

 

You won't need to carve this pumpkin this Halloween Season...

Cami's Cupcakes: "Punkin Patch"


Pumpkin Spice Cupcake
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting 


These cute cupcakes make a deliciously sweet Halloween treat! 


Update!!! 10/31/12

Here it is! The recipe for Ominous October Part 2 cupcakes: "Punkin Patch"!

I adapted it from Daydream Kitchen
Ingredients
3/4 c. butter, room temp
2 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 can (15oz!!!) solid-pack pumpkin
2 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 Tbs pumkin pie spice (I added more)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 c. buttermilk

Directions
1. In electric mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs (one at a time) and beat after each addition. Add pumpkin.
2. In a separate bowl whisk flour, spices, baking pwdr, and salt. Then add to the electric mixer. Alternate with buttermilk in small increments. Beat after each add in.
3. Fill muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Cool on wire racks. 


I had to try to make these 2 TIMES before they worked! So here's what went down... I learned to ALWAYS ALWAYS read how many oz. are in a can, even if you think you totally know what's up... My mom always used the big cans of pumpkin... so I thought that's how they always came, and some how-- in my head-- I thought the big can was 15 Oz! It's SO NOT!!! So the first time.. my cupcakes ended up more like mushy hockey- pucks...

The second time... after I finally figured out the pumpkin measurements (oh my word cami!) They turned out a lot better! But I ended up adding more of the spices, because they still didn't have a lot of flavor... 

If I was to make them again, I would add even more spices... because once they baked I could still hardly taste the pumpkin pie spices-- so just a tip :)



The frosting was most Def. the BEST part of these cupcakes!
I loved having the cinnamon in it!- Delish!
Here's how to make it... It's adapted from the same site as the cupcakes...

Ingredients
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, room temp
1/2 c. butter, room temp
4 c. pwd. sugar
1tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions
Beat the cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Then add the powdered sugar in small increments (use less pwd sugar if you want it thinner, and more if you want to pipe it). Then add the vanilla extract and the cinnamon. 

Then try to not eat it all before you get it on the cupcakes! 


I think these cupcakes would be great for around Thanksgiving season too! (idea idea!!) Which is fast approaching... Maybe with a whipped cream frosting?? Like Punkin Pie?? (keep an eye out for that one! ;)



Here's to you and pumpkins!
Cami








No comments:

Post a Comment