Check out my new blog

Check out my new blog: Worthington Ave.

4.27.2013

Lucky St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes

I know St. Patrick's Day is LONG gone... but now that finals are over (wahoo!) I'm catching up cupcake posts!



These ittie-bitties are a yummy blend of delicious chocolate cupcake with green colored butter cream and green apple Pop Rocks!

I made these for my little 5-year old primary class for St. Pattrick's Day, and they loved them! 
(they may or may not have left a mess of chocolate on the floor! Oops!)


For the recipe for the yummy chocolate cake see this post: Put a Ring on It!

I have ALWAYS wanted to put pop rocks on a cupcake... wasn't as good as I thought it would be (maybe because these were green apple pop rocks with chocolate cupcakes.... but HEY I had to go green!!) But they did add a little fun to the texture!

A tip with the pop rocks: Put the pop rocks on RIGHT before serving! If they sit in the fridge or get wet they will lose their POP!


Go ahead and put some pop rocks on a cupcake! And try the yummy chocolate cupcake recipe! Let me know how it goes! And send me pictures!!! I would love to see what you make!


Love, 
Cami



No comments:

Post a Comment